Genre: PROGRESSIVE TRIBAL
First Appearance: DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2
- beatmaniaIIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS
- beatmanaiIIDX 20 tricoro
- DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 JP CS
- DanceDanceRevolution X US CS
- DanceDanceRevolution S+ DDR SuperNOVA2 Pack 3
- The arcade version of DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2 uses a slightly different version of Saturn instead of the one present in all other DDR games it appears in, including beatmaniaIIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS CS and beatmaniaIIDX 20 tricoro.
- Saturn is part of the GRAND CROSS series of songs on DanceDanceRevolution SuperNOVA2, representing the planet Saturn.
- Saturn marks Jun Wakita's first original song for the DanceDanceRevolution series.
- Saturn is also the only one of Jun Wakita's original songs for that series to be crossovered to another BEMANI game.
Official Song CommentEdit
Mr. Saturn, world champion fighter and savior of the world, here.
But you can call me Mr. Saturn, I don't mind. I could go on and on about this, but suffice to say I was told that this latest DDR is a planetary festival, and that I've become Saturn.
That's why I wrote a Saturn-like track. A Saturn-like track?
Yeah, I really don't get it either. Saturn (or Saturnus in Latin) was the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Cronus, father of Zeus and god of the harvest.
Saturn loved eating so much that he devoured his own children.
So, I included a heavy mood and what sounds like a tribal war cry, and then wrapped it all up in some spacey goodness.
Is that Saturn-like?
I really don't know.
Since this was my first experience with DDR, that was enough to get my adrenaline flowing. What's more, I thought it was great how I didn't have to think in terms of sounds becoming buttons like a game, but when I actually got started writing the track and ended up blindly cramming in sounds that seemed like they could become buttons, I think it became an obsession or a kind of sickness.